Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome to the journey :)

Welcome to the journey.  I hope you have your favorite beverage by your side.  I typically brew some coffee in the mornings, see my kids off to bus stop, and then spend time with a great cup of java and with Jesus.  This blog is designed to spend each day in God's Word in daily devotional time, taking a moment to reflect upon Scripture and how it can be transformative and spiritually forming over time, if we immerse ourselves in "regular" relational time with our Lord and Savior.

What does "regular" and spiritually formational time with the Lord look like?  This is an extremely important question and deeply personal and passionate topic to each and every person, so I shall approach the topic with deep respect and humility.  Statistically speaking, it can take over a month to form a new habit.  I bring this up, because if you are not in the habit currently of reading the Bible, you would need to consider "the little picture" or as other have put it "baby steps" to get to that 30 day mark.  Once you break through that one month threshold, you will find that your morning cup of coffee (or whatever your beverage of choice is) has become second-hand and you can't even imagine a day starting without your devotional time spent reading, studying, learning, talking with (possibly crying, shouting at, or even singing to) and praying with Your Heavenly Father.

To truly grow in Christ, we need to hear His call.  Christ calls us to deny ourselves and to take up the cross (Mtw. 16:23-25), which is extreme discipleship.  It is a call to cancel out our own will so we are able to submit to His.  By confessing Christ as our Savior, it means He is our Lord and we thus surrender to His direction, leadings and purpose for us. 


23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan!You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.


I will also be spending time on this blog attaching links to family resource websites, youth ministry resource websites, articles, and I welcome discussion to any topics that I bring forth on the page and any suggestions that may enhance or edify the blog regarding page links to websites, speakers, resources, organizations, ministries, etc.

I find myself presently as a pastor without a church and so I figured, why not try to contribute in some small way to His kingdom.  

Glorify The Lord with me, let us exalt his name together. (Psalm 34:3 NIV)


Recharging my Spirit daily,

Pastor Bill Blanck


No comments:

Post a Comment